It’s one of life’s biggest “arse” pains. Trying to navigate through life without staining your clothes, staining the carpets, staining your reputation. Life is hard enough and walking around with stains on your clothes is like a social sin - keep the hot sauce on your tacos, not on your shirt. But alas, it happens, stains happen and while we worry about wine and blood, sometimes that juicy, spicy, goddess of a sauce can creep on our shirts and carpets like that nerdy, socially-awkward co-worker trying to ask you on a date.
Here is the best way to get hot sauce stains out, and as a general rule - the faster you get to it, the better chance you have of removing the stain completely:
For clothes and carpets:
- mix 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid (Dawn is best) with 2 cups of warm to hot water.
- use a clean, white cloth that is soaked in the solution
- sponge the hot sauce stain by applying pressure
- continue applying pressure, repeat steps 2 & 3 until the stain disappears
If the stain is still being stubborn try these additional methods:
- Use vinegar on the stain by dabbing it directly on the stain. If cleaning instructions allow, machine wash it
- Rub salt onto the stain and then sprinkle with lemon juice
- For silk and wool garments use cornstarch to soak up the hot sauce stain. Allow to sit for 20 minutes. Remove with a clean, white cloth - repeat until removed
Points to remember:
- Always dab from the outside in towards the stain so that the stain doesn’t spread
- Always allow the dish detergent to sit on the stain to absorb and work its magic
- Do not place in dryer if the stain is not completely gone. Keep working on the stain, prior to using the dryer
- For carpets, before adding a new solution to better clean the stain, make sure you wash and clean the old solution out. For instance, make sure the dishwashing liquid is removed before adding vinegar, etc.
Now that you are super confident in your ability to eat a messy taco drowning with hot sauce, try MadDog 357 Boomslang Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce. Stain it with the good stuff!