Going to Disneyland doesn’t mean you have to choose between the usual amusement park fare of chicken nuggets and corn dogs.
Instead of singing “It’s a Bland World After All” know that Disneyland, much like other amusement parks around the U.S., has super-secret menus that you can ask for to liven up your palate. While we love the In n’ Out version of their “Alien-style” Galactic Burger, we are mad over the super-secret, super-spicy plates.
Here are the Top 5 Spicy Foods you can order “on the down-low” at Disneyland.
- Corn Chip Chili Cheese Pie with Jalapeños aka the “Fire Fly" at Main Street Refreshment Corner. This is served in a silver-lined paper bag labeled “Electrical Main Street Parade” and inside is pure Disneyland magic. Corn chips, chili, cheese, and lots of jalapeños piled on each other with a fork that stands up in the bag, ready for you to take your first big bite!
- Mac n’ Chili Bread Bowl at Main Street Refreshment Corner. This bread bowl is filled with mac n’ cheese and spicy chili so you have the best of both worlds - carbs + spice! On the menu it’s just chili sourdough bowl, so make sure you ask for the “secret menu” version.
- “Electra” Fried Spicy Chicken Sandwich at Carnation Cafe - this sandwich is made with Sriracha honey sauce!
- Carnitas Fries at White Water Snacks (right inside the Disney Grand California Hotel). They pack on the jalapeños on these fries and under the shredded cheese you can find a surprise of melty-nacho cheese!
- At the Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland, you can order the Hot & Spicy Banyan Beef Skewer and the Bengal Beef Skewer with Zulu Sauce - order both with “extra sauce” to make it extra spicy and to dip your Tiger Tails breadsticks in. You can also order a Jalapeño cheese-filled pretzel as a spicy snack!
Can’t make it to Disneyland? Try creating your own spicy “secret menu” dishes with these tempting recipes: