Many people disregard the power of the pepper. A tiny, spicy pepper that can pack enormous heat, but also pack a ton of essential vitamins and minerals.
Peppers are a good source of nutrients we commonly find in everyday fruits and veggies we eat like oranges, apples, broccoli, and spinach. One jalapeño provides more than a day’s worth of Vitamin C - essential for the health of the immune system.
Like learning the alphabet, knowing which vitamins are in hot peppers is as easy as ABC.
- Vitamin A for good vision, teeth and skin. Jalapeños have up to 719IU or 14% of Vitamin A.
- Vitamin B for fuel and energy.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) ensures the proper growth of organs and the nervous system.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) can help improve cholesterol levels, lowers the risk of heart disease, and can help prevent diabetes.
- Vitamin B6 Assists in the creation of serotonin which aids in proper brain function, nerve function, and red cell production.
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) helps to prevent anemia, promotes thyroid health, and helps combat depression.
- Vitamin C for growth and maintenance of all body tissues and a healthy immune system. It also helps to fight the effects of aging. Serrano peppers have 47.1mg or 79%.
- Copper supports a healthy metabolism, helps provide the body with energy, and is a necessity for proper brain function.
- Vitamin E to protect from free radicals and to improve blood circulation.
- Vitamin K (Potassium) supports heart health, improves bone density, and helps with symptoms related to PMS.
- Magnesium helps to increase energy, calms nerves, and can help you fall asleep by acting as a muscle relaxer.
Increase your vitamin intake through peppers with these tasty MadDog 357 dried pepper pods!