If you're a fan of fiery flavors and quick meal solutions, these Spicy Ghost Pepper Falafel Pockets are the perfect treat for you.
They're not for the faint of heart, but for those who enjoy a searingly hot kitchen experience. With a mix of convenience and intense spice, this recipe is sure to satisfy your craving for something hot and delicious. Just be prepared with lots of cooling tzatziki and a glass of milk!
- 1-2 tsp Mad Dog 357 Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce (adjust to your heat preference)
- 1 package falafel mix (your choice)
- Water and oil (as per package instructions)
- 4 small pita bread, split open
- Pickled jalapeños, shredded cabbage, copious amounts of hummus, and tzatziki for serving
1. Follow the instructions on the falafel mix package, but with a fiery twist. Instead of using the recommended amount of water, reduce it by 1-2 teaspoons and add the Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce. Be very careful when handling the hot sauce, and consider using gloves to avoid any accidental contact with your skin.
2. Mix the falafel mix and Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce together, and shape the mixture into small balls.
3. Cook the falafel balls according to the package instructions. This will usually involve frying or baking them until they are golden brown and crispy.
4. While the falafels are cooking, prepare your pita pockets. You can lightly warm the pita bread in the oven or microwave if you prefer.
5. Once the falafels are ready, fill the pita pockets with them. Don't be shy – these are meant to be hot as hell, so load them up!
6. Top your spicy falafels with pickled jalapeños, shredded cabbage, and a generous dollop of hummus. The cooling tzatziki is your best friend here, so add as much as you need to balance out the heat.
7. Serve your Spicy Ghost Pepper Falafel Pockets immediately. Have a glass of milk or a yogurt-based drink on standby to cool your palate after enjoying this scorching delicacy. Enjoy!