Hot sauces, like all the best things in life, come in any number of varieties. And, it’s f***ing hard to limit yourself to just one.
Like all good chili heads, you’ve got everything from can’t take this one seriously to way, way too serious. You’ll have reaper sauces and habanero sauces mixed with extracts, purees, and powders.
And, like all good chili heads, you:
- open new bottles of hot sauce as soon as you get your hands on them;
- open new bottles of hot sauce because friends are coming for dinner;
- open new bottles of hot sauce because you can’t wait any longer;
- have a seasonal favorite;
- have a different favorite for breakfast, lunch, and dinner;
- have a favorite for every food;
- have way too many half-empty bottles of hot sauce in your home;
- All of the above – and you’re worried it’s actually an addiction.
Addiction or otherwise (and if it is, and you can find a support group for hot sauce addiction, please let us know), you’ve got one problem:
How do you use up all the hot sauces you have so you can justify buying more?
Here are a few simple ways to get through some of those half-empties:
- Toss chicken wings in hot sauce. You can easily use half a bottle of hot sauce to smother your wings. Try the recipe for Mad Dog Boneless Chicken Wings.
- Add hot sauce to your barbecue marinade. Toss a little shrimp on the barbie and everything else hitting the grill – chicken, steak, and veggies. Try our Mad Dog Mexican Grilled Corn.
- Toast your bread by first adding a dollop of hot sauce and then your favorite cheese. Bake in a toaster oven to make a heavenly cheesy toast. It’s perfectly paired with soup like Loaded Lava Soup.
- Save those hot sauce packets for your next picnic and instead use your own hot sauce waiting patiently in your kitchen on all your fast food and takeout. The hot sauce tastes great on Chinese and Thai takeout.
- Mix hot sauce into your second favorite condiment like ketchup or mayo and use it as a spicy addition to your juicy hot dog or burger. It’s also tasty mixed in with tartar sauce to kick those fish & chips up a notch.
- Make it a habit to add hot sauce to your breakfast every day – from eggs to omelets, to avocado toast there are plenty of ways to add hot sauce to your morning meal. For more ideas read Why Breakfast is Hot Sauce’s Favorite Meal.
- Sprinkle a little hot sauce over your home movie popcorn.
- Add a dash to your hot chocolate – sounds weird, but tastes awesome!
Ha, we’re kidding; we know you do all of that anyhow. We also know it’s freaking impossible to wait until you’ve cleared your stash before buying new hot sauces (whether they max out on flavor or fire).
We feel/feed your pain
You can buy one bottle or a dozen from us online. Try a new flavor or perhaps a new product. Go for flavor or fire. When you’re a bona fide chili head, you simply can’t wait to get through one bottle before cracking open the next.
Stock up now; you never know when you’ll need a new bottle